Bihar: FIR against 5 cops in custodial death
Nawada: Five policemen, including a DSP, were on Monday booked in a case relating to alleged custodial death in
Nawada district of the state, officials said.
FIRs were lodged against (DSP) Sanjay Kumar, Station House
Officer (SHO) Devendra Chaudhary and three other
Sub-Inspectors (SIs) on a complaint by Dayanand Yadav, father
of deceased Manoj Kumar, SP Surendra Lal Das said.
He said Yadav, in his complaint, alleged murder of his son
in police custody.
An investigation was on into the matter and stringent
action will be taken against those found guilty, he added.
Kumar was detained by the police on January 11 for
questioning in a murder case.
The alleged custodial death had sparked off strong
protest in Nawada town yesterday forcing police to fire three
rounds in the air to disperse the irate mob.
Meanwhile, the RJD today condemned the incident and said
it will send a fact finding team headed by the Leader of
Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique tomorrow to probe the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview