Bihar: Five sentenced to life in murder case
Gaya: A local court ordered five persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 2000 on each of them on Monday after finding them guilty of a murder committed nine years ago.
Additional District and Sessions JudgeIV, RP Singh passed the order.
The five had battered Madan Manjhi with blunt objects and lathis at Patthalgarh village under Magadh University police station area on January 12, 2003 injuring him severely.
Manjhi was admitted to Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital where he had died 10 days later.
His wife Phulkumari Devi had lodged named FIR against the five charging them with the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- West Bengal polls: Mamata Banerjee accuses police of unleashing terror at EC's behest
- PM Modi launches solar-powered boats in Varanasi, says 'govt schemes should strengthen people, not vote banks'
- India ready to clear $6.5 billion of Iran's oil dues ahead of Modi's visit
- ISIS developing Google-style driverless cars for attacks
- Qatar National Bank says its systems were "fully secure" following cyber attack