Bihar: Five sentenced to life in murder case
Gaya: A local court ordered five persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 2000 on each of them on Monday after finding them guilty of a murder committed nine years ago.
Additional District and Sessions JudgeIV, RP Singh passed the order.
The five had battered Madan Manjhi with blunt objects and lathis at Patthalgarh village under Magadh University police station area on January 12, 2003 injuring him severely.
Manjhi was admitted to Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital where he had died 10 days later.
His wife Phulkumari Devi had lodged named FIR against the five charging them with the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes