Bihar: Five sentenced to life in murder case
Gaya: A local court ordered five persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 2000 on each of them on Monday after finding them guilty of a murder committed nine years ago.
Additional District and Sessions JudgeIV, RP Singh passed the order.
The five had battered Madan Manjhi with blunt objects and lathis at Patthalgarh village under Magadh University police station area on January 12, 2003 injuring him severely.
Manjhi was admitted to Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital where he had died 10 days later.
His wife Phulkumari Devi had lodged named FIR against the five charging them with the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh