Bihar: Five sentenced to life in murder case
Gaya: A local court ordered five persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 2000 on each of them on Monday after finding them guilty of a murder committed nine years ago.
Additional District and Sessions JudgeIV, RP Singh passed the order.
The five had battered Madan Manjhi with blunt objects and lathis at Patthalgarh village under Magadh University police station area on January 12, 2003 injuring him severely.
Manjhi was admitted to Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital where he had died 10 days later.
His wife Phulkumari Devi had lodged named FIR against the five charging them with the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official