Bihar: Five sentenced to life in murder case
Gaya: A local court ordered five persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 2000 on each of them on Monday after finding them guilty of a murder committed nine years ago.
Additional District and Sessions JudgeIV, RP Singh passed the order.
The five had battered Madan Manjhi with blunt objects and lathis at Patthalgarh village under Magadh University police station area on January 12, 2003 injuring him severely.
Manjhi was admitted to Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital where he had died 10 days later.
His wife Phulkumari Devi had lodged named FIR against the five charging them with the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security