Bihar floods: 38 killed, nearly 1.5 million affected
Patna: At least 38 people have been killed
and 1.86 million affected by floods in Bihar as major rivers
continue to be in spate crossing the danger mark at several
places in the state.
The district-wise break-up of deaths are Muzaffarpur
(01), Saharsa (03), Gopalganj (02), Madhepura (01), West
Champaran (04), Bhojpur (10), Purnia (01), Madhubani (02),
Katihar (02), Samastipur (02), Vaishali (04), Bhagalpur (04)
and Lakhisarai (02), according to the State Disaster
The floods have affected 1.86 million people of 1364
villages in 20 districts, sources said.
Standing crops in 0.70 lakh hectare worth Rs 46.84
crore have been destroyed while 10,278 houses were flattened
causing a loss of Rs 75.98 crore. Public property worth Rs
25.31 crore has also been destroyed, they said.
Several rivers like Ganga, Sone, Punpun, Ghaghra, Burhi
Gandak, Bagmati and Kosi were flowing above danger mark at
several points, Central Water Commission sources said.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar undertook an aerial survey
of flood-hit areas for the second consecutive day today and
directed the authorities to intensify relief and rescue
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!