Bihar floods: 38 killed, nearly 1.5 million affected
Patna: At least 38 people have been killed
and 1.86 million affected by floods in Bihar as major rivers
continue to be in spate crossing the danger mark at several
places in the state.
The district-wise break-up of deaths are Muzaffarpur
(01), Saharsa (03), Gopalganj (02), Madhepura (01), West
Champaran (04), Bhojpur (10), Purnia (01), Madhubani (02),
Katihar (02), Samastipur (02), Vaishali (04), Bhagalpur (04)
and Lakhisarai (02), according to the State Disaster
The floods have affected 1.86 million people of 1364
villages in 20 districts, sources said.
Standing crops in 0.70 lakh hectare worth Rs 46.84
crore have been destroyed while 10,278 houses were flattened
causing a loss of Rs 75.98 crore. Public property worth Rs
25.31 crore has also been destroyed, they said.
Several rivers like Ganga, Sone, Punpun, Ghaghra, Burhi
Gandak, Bagmati and Kosi were flowing above danger mark at
several points, Central Water Commission sources said.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar undertook an aerial survey
of flood-hit areas for the second consecutive day today and
directed the authorities to intensify relief and rescue
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security