Bihar for CBI probe into Ranvir Sena chief murder
New Delhi: The Bihar government on Wednesday recommended a CBI probe into the killing of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji, that led to violence in some parts of the state.
The Bihar’s government’s decision followed a demand by the kin of Brahmeshwar Singh for a CBI probe in the murder that happened last week.
"Our family would like the CBI to probe the murder case of the slain Ranvir Sena chief so as to bring the culprits to justice in an expeditious manner," Singh`s younger son Indu Bhushan Singh said.
CBI probe will the truth behind the murder case, he said.
Singh, the incumbent `mukhiya` of Khopira panchayat, said he was speaking on behalf of all family members and well-wishers and expressing their sentiments that the state government should recommend a CBI probe.
The Ranvir Sena chief was shot dead by the gunmen while he was taking a stroll near his house in Khopira village under Nawada police station area in Bhojpur district last Friday morning that triggered large scale violence and arson by his supporters in Ara town and in Patna on the next day.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation