Bihar for CBI probe into Ranvir Sena chief murder
New Delhi: The Bihar government on Wednesday recommended a CBI probe into the killing of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji, that led to violence in some parts of the state.
The Bihar’s government’s decision followed a demand by the kin of Brahmeshwar Singh for a CBI probe in the murder that happened last week.
"Our family would like the CBI to probe the murder case of the slain Ranvir Sena chief so as to bring the culprits to justice in an expeditious manner," Singh`s younger son Indu Bhushan Singh said.
CBI probe will the truth behind the murder case, he said.
Singh, the incumbent `mukhiya` of Khopira panchayat, said he was speaking on behalf of all family members and well-wishers and expressing their sentiments that the state government should recommend a CBI probe.
The Ranvir Sena chief was shot dead by the gunmen while he was taking a stroll near his house in Khopira village under Nawada police station area in Bhojpur district last Friday morning that triggered large scale violence and arson by his supporters in Ara town and in Patna on the next day.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP