Bihar former minister dies after conviction in massacre case
Patna: Former Bihar minister Sanjay Singh died Tuesday soon after a court in the state`s Munger district convicted him along with seven others for killing nine people in 2001, police said.
Singh reportedly died of a massive heart attack after the conviction for the massacre in Sheikhpura district in 2001.
"Soon after the court found Sanjay Singh guilty in the massacre case, he suddenly collapsed and died in the court premises itself. He had complained of pain after the court`s verdict," a police official told IANS over telephone.
Sanjay Singh was a minister of state for rural development in the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD)-Congress coalition government headed by chief minister Rabri Devi. He was the son of powerful Congress leader and former MP Rajo Singh, who was shot dead a few years ago.
After the news of his death spread, Singh`s supporters staged a protest in Munger court.
The court will pronounce sentence in the case Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof