Bihar: Four youths drown in Ganga river
Begusarai: Four youths were feared drowned
on Monday in the Ganga river at Simariaghat in Bihar`s Begusarai district, police said.
The youths, identified as Chandan Paswan (25), Sonu
Paswan (22), Rajesh Kumar (18) and Bhivishan Kumar (18) – all natives of Nagadah village - were taking bath in the river when they accidentally slipped in the deep water and were feared drowned, police said.
Divers have been pressed into service to recover the
bodies, they said.
The mishap took place during tonsure ceremony of one
Dashrath Paswan`s grandson, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Earthquake hits Haryana's Mahendragarh; tremors felt in Delhi, NCR
- Microsoft's OneNote tool now available for Mac
- Olympics 2016: Goodbye Rio, over to Tokyo now for 2020 Games
- Maharashtra to call special assembly session on Aug 29 to ratify GST Bill
- PATHETIC! No water, missing Indian officials reason behind OP Jaisha's collapse in Rio