Bihar: Four youths drown in Ganga river
Begusarai: Four youths were feared drowned
on Monday in the Ganga river at Simariaghat in Bihar`s Begusarai district, police said.
The youths, identified as Chandan Paswan (25), Sonu
Paswan (22), Rajesh Kumar (18) and Bhivishan Kumar (18) – all natives of Nagadah village - were taking bath in the river when they accidentally slipped in the deep water and were feared drowned, police said.
Divers have been pressed into service to recover the
bodies, they said.
The mishap took place during tonsure ceremony of one
Dashrath Paswan`s grandson, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened