Bihar: Four youths drown in Ganga river
Begusarai: Four youths were feared drowned
on Monday in the Ganga river at Simariaghat in Bihar`s Begusarai district, police said.
The youths, identified as Chandan Paswan (25), Sonu
Paswan (22), Rajesh Kumar (18) and Bhivishan Kumar (18) – all natives of Nagadah village - were taking bath in the river when they accidentally slipped in the deep water and were feared drowned, police said.
Divers have been pressed into service to recover the
bodies, they said.
The mishap took place during tonsure ceremony of one
Dashrath Paswan`s grandson, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire