Bihar gang-rape, murder: BJP vows firm action against accused
Patna: Expressing profound grief over the alleged gang-rape and murder of a 32-year-old woman in Bihar`s Bhagalpur District, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar-led NDA Government in the state is investigating the entire matter and strict actions will be taken against those accused of the heinous crime.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said the incident that has taken place in Kahalgaon is a very tragic one.
"This is a very sad incident. Our government there is investigating the entire matter. And our government will take firm steps against those accused of the crime," he told the media in Patna.
A woman, who got down from a Delhi-bound train in Bhagalpur district, was allegedly gang-raped, killed and her body hung from a tree in a mango orchard.
According to the police, the victim was a passenger of the Brahmaputra Mail that was travelling to the national capital.
According to reports, the woman, hails from New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal, jumped out of the train when it slowed down between Vikramshila and Kahalgaon stations.
The lady was dragged to the mango orchard and allegedly gang-raped by unidentified persons after she alighted from the train between Vikramshila and Kahalgaon stations yesterday. It is not clear as to why she took this step.
The Bihar Police recovered the victim`s body today and sent it to the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College and Hospital in Bhagalpur for post-mortem.
The latest incident comes close on heels of the gang-rape of a 23-year-old physiotherapy student in a moving bus in Delhi on December 16. The victim, who was brutally assaulted, breathed her last at a Singapore Hospital on December 29 after battling for life for 13 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam