Bihar gang-rape, murder: BJP vows firm action against accused
Patna: Expressing profound grief over the alleged gang-rape and murder of a 32-year-old woman in Bihar`s Bhagalpur District, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar-led NDA Government in the state is investigating the entire matter and strict actions will be taken against those accused of the heinous crime.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said the incident that has taken place in Kahalgaon is a very tragic one.
"This is a very sad incident. Our government there is investigating the entire matter. And our government will take firm steps against those accused of the crime," he told the media in Patna.
A woman, who got down from a Delhi-bound train in Bhagalpur district, was allegedly gang-raped, killed and her body hung from a tree in a mango orchard.
According to the police, the victim was a passenger of the Brahmaputra Mail that was travelling to the national capital.
According to reports, the woman, hails from New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal, jumped out of the train when it slowed down between Vikramshila and Kahalgaon stations.
The lady was dragged to the mango orchard and allegedly gang-raped by unidentified persons after she alighted from the train between Vikramshila and Kahalgaon stations yesterday. It is not clear as to why she took this step.
The Bihar Police recovered the victim`s body today and sent it to the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College and Hospital in Bhagalpur for post-mortem.
The latest incident comes close on heels of the gang-rape of a 23-year-old physiotherapy student in a moving bus in Delhi on December 16. The victim, who was brutally assaulted, breathed her last at a Singapore Hospital on December 29 after battling for life for 13 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing