Bihar gang-rape, murder: BJP vows firm action against accused
Patna: Expressing profound grief over the alleged gang-rape and murder of a 32-year-old woman in Bihar`s Bhagalpur District, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar-led NDA Government in the state is investigating the entire matter and strict actions will be taken against those accused of the heinous crime.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said the incident that has taken place in Kahalgaon is a very tragic one.
"This is a very sad incident. Our government there is investigating the entire matter. And our government will take firm steps against those accused of the crime," he told the media in Patna.
A woman, who got down from a Delhi-bound train in Bhagalpur district, was allegedly gang-raped, killed and her body hung from a tree in a mango orchard.
According to the police, the victim was a passenger of the Brahmaputra Mail that was travelling to the national capital.
According to reports, the woman, hails from New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal, jumped out of the train when it slowed down between Vikramshila and Kahalgaon stations.
The lady was dragged to the mango orchard and allegedly gang-raped by unidentified persons after she alighted from the train between Vikramshila and Kahalgaon stations yesterday. It is not clear as to why she took this step.
The Bihar Police recovered the victim`s body today and sent it to the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College and Hospital in Bhagalpur for post-mortem.
The latest incident comes close on heels of the gang-rape of a 23-year-old physiotherapy student in a moving bus in Delhi on December 16. The victim, who was brutally assaulted, breathed her last at a Singapore Hospital on December 29 after battling for life for 13 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan