Bihar gets Rs 4,130 crore for rural development
Patna: Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh on Saturday announced a special package of Rs 4,130 crore for rural development in Bihar.
"The central government will provide this amount for rural development in Bihar," Jairam Ramesh told reporters.
The minister is on a two-day visit to the state to take stock of rural development projects.
"It is the biggest financial package for rural development in Bihar in the last 12 years," Jairam Ramesh said.
He also announced that the below poverty line (BPL) quota in allotment of houses under the social welfare programme Indira Awas Yojna would end from April 1, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'