Bihar girl kidnapping: Students stage dharna near JDU office
New Delhi: A group of people on Sunday staged dharna near the JDU office here demanding police action to secure the release of a teenage girl, who was allegedly kidnapped from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur town about 45 days ago.
The group, consisting mostly of students from Bihar, gathered near the JDU office at Jantar Mantar and sought immediate action from Bihar Police for the safe release of the girl.
Navaruna, 12, went missing from her house in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur town since September 18. Bihar Police allegedly did not act saying the girl may have eloped with her lover.
"Navaruna is a girl from our city. 45 days ago she was kidnapped from her home but Bihar police hasn`t been able to trace her. They are calling it a case of love affair...And in that pretext they haven`t acted," said Abhishek, a Delhi University student from Bihar.
"We came to know about her from Facebook. Students who are studying in various DU colleges will hold protest rallies, demonstrations and write letters to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to ensure that Navaruna returns back safely," he said.
Meanwhile, CPI leader D Raja today said law and order in Bihar has deteriorated under the rule of Nitish Kumar.
"He (Kumar) is holding rally today but he must take note that under his rule, law and order has become a serious issue and innocent people are becoming victims of police misbehaviour or lack of serious investigation, so he should take care of these issues," Raja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues