Bihar gives go ahead to guidelines on new scheme
Patna: The Bihar government on Tuesday gave a go ahead
to the guidelines framed for new Chief Minister Area
Development Scheme in place of the scrapped MLAs, MLCs Local
Area Development Fund scheme.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting of the
state cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, Additional
Secretary, Cabinet Secretariat department Upendra Kumar said
the Cabinet gave its nod to the the draft of the guidelines
and other related procedural systems which would make the
implementation of the new CM Area Development scheme ``crystal
The state government had scrapped the earlier MLAs, MLCs
Local Area Development scheme and decided to implement the new
scheme with effect from April 1, 2011, Kumar said.
Kumar informed that the new scheme was launched in order
to avoid imbalance in regional development and ``hence
forward, the development work will be carried out under the
scheme on the basis of geographic units instead of earlier
procedure of doing work in the constituency-wise.``
``Under the new scheme, 85 per cent of development work
will be carried out in rural areas and rest 15 per cent in
urban areas,`` he said.
The Planning Development department would work a nodal
agency for construction of panchayat Sarkar Bhavans, Anganvadi
Bhavans, road construction and other structural works under
the scheme, he said adding the district committees would be
responsible for sanctioning the schemes under the chairmanship
of the ministers-in-charge of the concerned districts.
The state Cabinet also decided to provide family pension
to one or two widows of government servants who die after
retirement, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?