Bihar government, dearness allowance, employees, pensioners
Patna: Bihar government on Tuesday announced 8 percent increase in dearness allowance for its employees and pensioners.
The decision was taken at a state cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The hike in DA from 72 percent to 80 percent will be effective from January one, 2013, Principal Secretary Cabinet Coordination Brajesh Mahrotra told reporters briefing about cabinet meeting.
An additional sum of Rs 1190.80 crore would be required for this, he said.
In another major decision the cabinet lifted the ban on contractual appointments in different departments imposed on December 20, 2012.
The permission for contractual appointment on sanctioned posts was given on the condition that the department concerned should complete process for regular appointments on these posts within one year.
Person working on contract or had functioned on the same condition in the past should be given weightage in regular appointments by relaxing the age requirement, Mahrotra added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today