Bihar government, dearness allowance, employees, pensioners
Patna: Bihar government on Tuesday announced 8 percent increase in dearness allowance for its employees and pensioners.
The decision was taken at a state cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The hike in DA from 72 percent to 80 percent will be effective from January one, 2013, Principal Secretary Cabinet Coordination Brajesh Mahrotra told reporters briefing about cabinet meeting.
An additional sum of Rs 1190.80 crore would be required for this, he said.
In another major decision the cabinet lifted the ban on contractual appointments in different departments imposed on December 20, 2012.
The permission for contractual appointment on sanctioned posts was given on the condition that the department concerned should complete process for regular appointments on these posts within one year.
Person working on contract or had functioned on the same condition in the past should be given weightage in regular appointments by relaxing the age requirement, Mahrotra added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days