Bihar government, dearness allowance, employees, pensioners
Patna: Bihar government on Tuesday announced 8 percent increase in dearness allowance for its employees and pensioners.
The decision was taken at a state cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The hike in DA from 72 percent to 80 percent will be effective from January one, 2013, Principal Secretary Cabinet Coordination Brajesh Mahrotra told reporters briefing about cabinet meeting.
An additional sum of Rs 1190.80 crore would be required for this, he said.
In another major decision the cabinet lifted the ban on contractual appointments in different departments imposed on December 20, 2012.
The permission for contractual appointment on sanctioned posts was given on the condition that the department concerned should complete process for regular appointments on these posts within one year.
Person working on contract or had functioned on the same condition in the past should be given weightage in regular appointments by relaxing the age requirement, Mahrotra added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof