Bihar government, dearness allowance, employees, pensioners
Patna: Bihar government on Tuesday announced 8 percent increase in dearness allowance for its employees and pensioners.
The decision was taken at a state cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The hike in DA from 72 percent to 80 percent will be effective from January one, 2013, Principal Secretary Cabinet Coordination Brajesh Mahrotra told reporters briefing about cabinet meeting.
An additional sum of Rs 1190.80 crore would be required for this, he said.
In another major decision the cabinet lifted the ban on contractual appointments in different departments imposed on December 20, 2012.
The permission for contractual appointment on sanctioned posts was given on the condition that the department concerned should complete process for regular appointments on these posts within one year.
Person working on contract or had functioned on the same condition in the past should be given weightage in regular appointments by relaxing the age requirement, Mahrotra added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report