Bihar government replaces DGP
Patna: The Bihar government Tuesday replaced police chief Abhyanand with 1980 batch IPS officer P K Thakur to further tone up law and order in the state.
Thakur was Director General of Vigilance Department, a portfolio directly under the chief minister, which was given more teeth over the last few years to crack down on corruption by state government employees.
Abhayanand would be looking after Home Guards and Fire Services as its DG, a charge he was holding during his tenure as the DGP. The 1977 batch IPS officer was scheduled to retire on December 31 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!