Bihar government replaces DGP
Patna: The Bihar government Tuesday replaced police chief Abhyanand with 1980 batch IPS officer P K Thakur to further tone up law and order in the state.
Thakur was Director General of Vigilance Department, a portfolio directly under the chief minister, which was given more teeth over the last few years to crack down on corruption by state government employees.
Abhayanand would be looking after Home Guards and Fire Services as its DG, a charge he was holding during his tenure as the DGP. The 1977 batch IPS officer was scheduled to retire on December 31 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley