Bihar government reshuffles 66 senior cops
Patna: The police administration in Bihar has undergone a reshuffle with the government transferring 66 police officials, including 52 Indian Police Service (IPS) officers, an official notification stated.
The 52 IPS officers include a director general, two additional director generals, five deputy inspector generals and Superintendents of police of 20 districts, according to the official notification issued by the state home department.
After the reshuffle late Friday, Director General (Civil Defence) Manoje Nath is now director general (training) whereas Additional Director General Abhyanand has been made additional director general (wireless and training). B Sriniwasan has been made inspector general (intelligence), AK Ambedkar is the the new inspector general of Bhagalpur while Vinay Kumar is the new inspector general of Darbhanga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa