Bihar government to float tenders for new power units
Patna: Bihar government would soon be floating competitive tariff-based tenders for new power plants to meet domestic and commercial requirements.
"We have decided to soon float tenders which will be competitive tariff-based for raising new power units," Kumar said.
"We have given thrust on giving opportunity to companies which would offer cheapest power. We want to become self-reliant in electricity," he added.
Blaming the Centre for its alleged apathy towards meeting the energy needs of the state, he said, the state had projected the need of 4500 MW against which the Centre allocated not more than 1600 MW - 1700 MW.
However, he added that his government has comprehensive plans to tackle the power problem.
The Chief Minister claimed several power projects with an investment of Rs one lakh crore were in the pipeline and alleged that the Centre was not providing coal linkages of
the proposed power projects.
Kumar has directed the state energy department to purchase transformers to ensure replacement of damaged ones in rural areas within 72 hours and those in urban areas within
The state government has decided to provide Rs 100 crore to the energy department for purchase of transformers in adequate numbers, he said.
Kumar, later, laid the foundation stone for the Rs 613 crore `Vardhaman Ayur Vigyan Sansthan` at Pawapuri in Nalanda district, the place of lord Mahapari Niravan.
With the proposed International University at Nalanda and medical college and hospital at Pawapuri, Nalanda would once again become the centre of knowledge, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city