Bihar government to float tenders for new power units
Patna: Bihar government would soon be floating competitive tariff-based tenders for new power plants to meet domestic and commercial requirements.
"We have decided to soon float tenders which will be competitive tariff-based for raising new power units," Kumar said.
"We have given thrust on giving opportunity to companies which would offer cheapest power. We want to become self-reliant in electricity," he added.
Blaming the Centre for its alleged apathy towards meeting the energy needs of the state, he said, the state had projected the need of 4500 MW against which the Centre allocated not more than 1600 MW - 1700 MW.
However, he added that his government has comprehensive plans to tackle the power problem.
The Chief Minister claimed several power projects with an investment of Rs one lakh crore were in the pipeline and alleged that the Centre was not providing coal linkages of
the proposed power projects.
Kumar has directed the state energy department to purchase transformers to ensure replacement of damaged ones in rural areas within 72 hours and those in urban areas within
The state government has decided to provide Rs 100 crore to the energy department for purchase of transformers in adequate numbers, he said.
Kumar, later, laid the foundation stone for the Rs 613 crore `Vardhaman Ayur Vigyan Sansthan` at Pawapuri in Nalanda district, the place of lord Mahapari Niravan.
With the proposed International University at Nalanda and medical college and hospital at Pawapuri, Nalanda would once again become the centre of knowledge, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town