Bihar Governor orders probe against TMU V-C
Patna: Bihar Governor Devanand Kunwar, in
his capacity as the chancellor of state universities, on Wednesday
directed retired IAS officer B B Lal to probe a slew of
charges against the Bhagalpur-based Tilka Manjhi University`s
Vice-Chancellor KN Dube.
A notification was issued by the Governor`s principal
secretary Afzal Amanullah on the order of the Governor by
exercising his powers under the Bihar State Universities Act,
1976, Kunwar`s Public Relation Officer (PRO) Lilakant Jha
He said that Lal has been asked to complete the probe
against the vice-chancellor within a month and submit a report
to the Governor in the stipulated time.
Dube has been accused by the teachers and other
non-teaching staff of misbehaviour, administrative
mismanagement and demanding illegal gratification for favour,
Jha said adding the accusations against the former were found
true during a preliminary probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'