Bihar govt announces new surrender, rehab policy for Maoists
Patna: The Bihar government’s principal secretary for the Cabinet Coordination Committee, Brajesh Mehrotra, has announced the approval of a new surrender and rehabilitation policy for Maoists.
In an interaction with the media shortly after Maoists had killed seven policemen in a landmine blast in the state’s Aurangabad District on Tuesday, Mehrotra said Rs. 2.5 lakhs would be given to top leaders, who renounced arms.
He said this amount would be extended to all Maoists – be they members of state, regional, central committees, or politbureau members, who surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love