Bihar govt announces new surrender, rehab policy for Maoists
Patna: The Bihar government’s principal secretary for the Cabinet Coordination Committee, Brajesh Mehrotra, has announced the approval of a new surrender and rehabilitation policy for Maoists.
In an interaction with the media shortly after Maoists had killed seven policemen in a landmine blast in the state’s Aurangabad District on Tuesday, Mehrotra said Rs. 2.5 lakhs would be given to top leaders, who renounced arms.
He said this amount would be extended to all Maoists – be they members of state, regional, central committees, or politbureau members, who surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?