Bihar govt committed to provide quality education to students
Patna: Bihar government Friday reiterated
its plans to provide quality education and said a series of measures was in the process of implementation during the second term of the NDA government.
The state government had launched a 12-point programme
to improve infrastructure and academic standards beginning
with schools and the results of the reform process has
already started yielding results as only 7.85 lakh students in
the age-group of 6-14 years remained out of schools, Human
Resources Development (HRD) Minister P K Shahi said.
The minister was replying to a debate on Rs
10,977.91-crore budget for the HRD in the state assembly.
The state assembly approved the HRD`s budget by a
voice vote amid din as the entire opposition led by the leader
of opposition Abdul Bari Siddique staged a walk out.
Stating that the education sector continued to be the
core agenda on the NDA government`s vision of `development
with justice` Shahi said that the state government will take
all measures to improve quality of basic education, skill
development and vocational training of the students in a
compulsory manner even as the academic aspirations of the
minorities, SC/ST, Mahadalits and the OBCs will be taken care
of by launching special projects for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America