Bihar govt decides to continue reservation in promotion
Patna: Bihar government decided today to continue with reservation in promotion of SC/ST employees in government service.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Principal Secretary (Cabinet Coordination and Secretariat) Ravikant told reporters.
Opposition parties had earlier demanded continuation of the reservation policy.
The government also provided various benefits to the minorities and granted funds of Rs 50 crore to the State Minorities Financial Corporation for implementation of the Chief Minister Minorities Education Loan scheme with effect from this year over the next five years, he said.
It approved a grant of Rs 8 lakh to Anjuman Tarakki-E-Urdu, Bihar, for this fiscal for promotion of Urdu language, Ravikant said.
Among other decisions, the state government approved a proposal for absorption of 183 posts of additional district and sessions judges with the fast court tracks from 219 posts created for lower judiciary, besides 10 per cent of 29 posts of upper judicial services with an aim to run the fast track court system on permanent basis.
It also approved creation of 4259 posts of `Pashu Mitras` (persons in service for protection of animals) on contract basis on a stipend of Rs 5000 per month, Ravikant said adding Rs. 8.4 crore was sanctioned to meet the immediate financial requirement for the creation of these posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read