Bihar govt decides to continue reservation in promotion
Patna: Bihar government decided today to continue with reservation in promotion of SC/ST employees in government service.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Principal Secretary (Cabinet Coordination and Secretariat) Ravikant told reporters.
Opposition parties had earlier demanded continuation of the reservation policy.
The government also provided various benefits to the minorities and granted funds of Rs 50 crore to the State Minorities Financial Corporation for implementation of the Chief Minister Minorities Education Loan scheme with effect from this year over the next five years, he said.
It approved a grant of Rs 8 lakh to Anjuman Tarakki-E-Urdu, Bihar, for this fiscal for promotion of Urdu language, Ravikant said.
Among other decisions, the state government approved a proposal for absorption of 183 posts of additional district and sessions judges with the fast court tracks from 219 posts created for lower judiciary, besides 10 per cent of 29 posts of upper judicial services with an aim to run the fast track court system on permanent basis.
It also approved creation of 4259 posts of `Pashu Mitras` (persons in service for protection of animals) on contract basis on a stipend of Rs 5000 per month, Ravikant said adding Rs. 8.4 crore was sanctioned to meet the immediate financial requirement for the creation of these posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan