Bihar govt decides to continue reservation in promotion
Patna: Bihar government decided today to continue with reservation in promotion of SC/ST employees in government service.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Principal Secretary (Cabinet Coordination and Secretariat) Ravikant told reporters.
Opposition parties had earlier demanded continuation of the reservation policy.
The government also provided various benefits to the minorities and granted funds of Rs 50 crore to the State Minorities Financial Corporation for implementation of the Chief Minister Minorities Education Loan scheme with effect from this year over the next five years, he said.
It approved a grant of Rs 8 lakh to Anjuman Tarakki-E-Urdu, Bihar, for this fiscal for promotion of Urdu language, Ravikant said.
Among other decisions, the state government approved a proposal for absorption of 183 posts of additional district and sessions judges with the fast court tracks from 219 posts created for lower judiciary, besides 10 per cent of 29 posts of upper judicial services with an aim to run the fast track court system on permanent basis.
It also approved creation of 4259 posts of `Pashu Mitras` (persons in service for protection of animals) on contract basis on a stipend of Rs 5000 per month, Ravikant said adding Rs. 8.4 crore was sanctioned to meet the immediate financial requirement for the creation of these posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video