Bihar govt declares one-day state mourning in Mishra`s honour
Patna: Bihar government has declared a one-day state mourning Sunday in honour of veteran BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra for his contribution in the social life of the state in the last seven decades.
The national flag will be flown at half mast as a mark of respect to the departed leader in all government offices, according to an official statement here.
"Considering the spectacular contribution of Kailashpati Mishra in our social life, the Bihar government has declared one day state mourning today," the statement added.
Mishra, veteran BJP leader and former Governor of Gujarat and Rajasthan, died here yesterday after a prolonged illness.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar who visted Mishra`s residence to pay his respect yesterday had announced that he would be cremated with full state honours today.
BJP patriach L K Advani, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, her counterpart in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and BJP General Secretary Ananth Kumar are scheduled to arrive in Patna late afternoon to pay their condolences to the departed leader who had his roots in Jan Sangh.
Mishra (89) will be cremated on the bank of the Ganga this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal