Bihar govt declares one-day state mourning in Mishra`s honour
Patna: Bihar government has declared a one-day state mourning Sunday in honour of veteran BJP leader Kailashpati Mishra for his contribution in the social life of the state in the last seven decades.
The national flag will be flown at half mast as a mark of respect to the departed leader in all government offices, according to an official statement here.
"Considering the spectacular contribution of Kailashpati Mishra in our social life, the Bihar government has declared one day state mourning today," the statement added.
Mishra, veteran BJP leader and former Governor of Gujarat and Rajasthan, died here yesterday after a prolonged illness.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar who visted Mishra`s residence to pay his respect yesterday had announced that he would be cremated with full state honours today.
BJP patriach L K Advani, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, her counterpart in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and BJP General Secretary Ananth Kumar are scheduled to arrive in Patna late afternoon to pay their condolences to the departed leader who had his roots in Jan Sangh.
Mishra (89) will be cremated on the bank of the Ganga this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena