Bihar govt declares three-day mourning on Gujral`s death
Patna: Bihar government declared three-day state mourning on the demise of former Prime Minister I K Gujral after a brief illness on Friday.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said Gujral`s death has created a big vacuum in the politics of the country.
As soon as news of Gujral`s death came, Kumar announced a three-day state mourning from Friday itself, an official statement said here.
As part of this, all the offices were closed and the national tricolour flew at half-mast in government offices.
RJD President Lalu Prasad, who was on his way to Supual in Bihar as part of his `Parivartan Rally` from Saturday, expressed sorrow over Gujral`s death.
"We are in deep shock over death of Gujral. God give strength to his family to fight the tragedy," Prasad told PTI.
Gujral contested from Patna in the 1991 mid-term Parliamentary polls as Janata Dal candidate with Prasad`s support but the election was countermanded following complaints of large-scale irregularities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16