Bihar govt for action against fraud chit funds
Patna: Bihar government would take strict
action against chit fund and Non-Banking Financial Companies
found involved in "cheating and forgery", Deputy Chief
Minister S K Modi on Tuesday said.
Modi told reporters that the Chit Fund companies and NBFCs
are registered by the Reserve Bank of India and the state
government had already enacted a law to sternly deal with
these companies if they were found involved in cheating and
"We will also take penal action against the companies who
are allegedly involved in misappropriation of investment by
locals", he said and informed that the state government had
facilitated around 2000 complainants to get refund of the
amount which they invested in these companies.
He, however, expressed his unawarness about a recent
report on the alleged involvement of a state minister in
running a NBFC involved in the racket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials