Bihar govt for action against fraud chit funds
Patna: Bihar government would take strict
action against chit fund and Non-Banking Financial Companies
found involved in "cheating and forgery", Deputy Chief
Minister S K Modi on Tuesday said.
Modi told reporters that the Chit Fund companies and NBFCs
are registered by the Reserve Bank of India and the state
government had already enacted a law to sternly deal with
these companies if they were found involved in cheating and
"We will also take penal action against the companies who
are allegedly involved in misappropriation of investment by
locals", he said and informed that the state government had
facilitated around 2000 complainants to get refund of the
amount which they invested in these companies.
He, however, expressed his unawarness about a recent
report on the alleged involvement of a state minister in
running a NBFC involved in the racket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket