Bihar govt hikes grants to students for bicycles to Rs 2500
Patna: The state government today raised
the grants to students for bicycles to Rs 2500 among a slew
of measures to boost primary and secondary education in Bihar.
All students enrolled in class XI will be given Rs
2500 for purchasing bicycles as against Rs 2000 earlier,
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said after presiding over a
high-level review meeting of the functioning of the human
resources development department.
He said that the grant to girl students studying
between Class XI and Class XII too has been raised to Rs 1000
for dress as against Rs 700 earlier.
Among other financial incentives for the students,
Kumar announced `Chief Minister`s Medha Purashkar` for
successful boys and girls passing out the secondary and higher
secondary examinations with high rankings.
The grant for school tour too has been raised to Rs
10,000 per school per year as against Rs 5000 earlier, he
Among measures taken for improvement of infrastructure
in the education sector, Kumar said that all middle schools
having a land of one acre or more will be upgraded into high
schools, while all non-functioning teachers` training
institutes will be revived throughout the state.
The state government has further decided to open up
1000 high schools to provide education to the students, Kumar
It has been also decided to provide residential
facilities to the Muslim students studying in seminaries and
those of mahadalits staying at rehabilitation centres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister