Bihar govt hikes grants to students for bicycles to Rs 2500
Patna: The state government today raised
the grants to students for bicycles to Rs 2500 among a slew
of measures to boost primary and secondary education in Bihar.
All students enrolled in class XI will be given Rs
2500 for purchasing bicycles as against Rs 2000 earlier,
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said after presiding over a
high-level review meeting of the functioning of the human
resources development department.
He said that the grant to girl students studying
between Class XI and Class XII too has been raised to Rs 1000
for dress as against Rs 700 earlier.
Among other financial incentives for the students,
Kumar announced `Chief Minister`s Medha Purashkar` for
successful boys and girls passing out the secondary and higher
secondary examinations with high rankings.
The grant for school tour too has been raised to Rs
10,000 per school per year as against Rs 5000 earlier, he
Among measures taken for improvement of infrastructure
in the education sector, Kumar said that all middle schools
having a land of one acre or more will be upgraded into high
schools, while all non-functioning teachers` training
institutes will be revived throughout the state.
The state government has further decided to open up
1000 high schools to provide education to the students, Kumar
It has been also decided to provide residential
facilities to the Muslim students studying in seminaries and
those of mahadalits staying at rehabilitation centres.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro