Bihar Govt increases ex-gratia payment
Patna: Bihar government on Wednesday enhanced the
compensation amount of Rs 50,000 to Rs One lakh to the victims
of terrorism, communalism, caste riots and those killed
A decision to this effect was taken by the state cabinet
chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Briefing newsmen, Cabinet Secretary Afzal Amannullah
said that earlier the state government used to pay a
compensation of Rs 50,000 under the above mentioned heads
but the compensation amount had been jacked upto Rs one
lakh from today.
Amanullah said that the term of Bhagalupr Riots Commission
headed by a retired Judge of Patna high court, Justice N N
Singh had been extended by another six months.
Justice N N Singh Commission that had submitted an interim
report on Bhagalpur riots of 1989 in which over 1000 people
were killed, got a further extension of six months to go into
the details of the riots, the cabinet secretary said.
He said that a decision regarding transfer of 250 acres of
government land towards setting up of Aligarh Muslim
University in Kishanganj district of the state bordering Nepal
and Bangladesh was also taken at the meeting.
The cabinet also decided to transfer 449.60 acres of land to
forest and environment department to compensate 181.95 acres
of forest land that had been taken over by the department for
the completion of multi-purpose Durgwati reservoir project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday