Bihar govt launches tourism website
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday said Bihar government has developed a multi-pronged action plan to develop tourism sector for economic activities and generation of employment.
Bihar prides itself on its rich cultural heritage and development of infrastructure at tourist sites would give a boost to the sector, Kumar said after launching the tourism department`s website -- www.Bihartourism.Gov.In
The chief minister said the NDA government, upon assuming power in 2005, had understood the importance of the tourism sector and set out to develop infrastructure like roads and improved law and order situation to woo tourists from across the country and abroad.
As a result, the inflow of the tourists had grown three-fold in the past six years from 66 lakh to 1.86 crore, he said.
It would be desirable if more and more tourists visit rich cultural and religious sites in Bihar as this will boost economic activities and general employment at the local level.
He said much more was required to be done to lay infrastructure like quality roads, hotels, motels and resorts for the benefits of the tourists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock