Bihar govt not consulted on VC appointments: Modi
Patna: Striking a discordant note with Governor Devanand Konwar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar
Modi on Tuesday said that the state government was not consulted in
the appointment of six vice-chancellors of various
universities in Bihar.
The Governor, who is also the Chancellor of the
universities in the state, has not consulted the state
government while making appointment of six VCs and four
Pro-VCs yesterday, he told reporters at the `Janata Darbar`.
The appointment of VCs and Pro-VCs has been done in
violation of the Bihar State Universities Act, 1976, Modi
The VCs and Pro-VCs were appointed in an unilateral
manner by the Governor, the Deputy Chief Minister alleged and
charged the former with outrightly ignoring a panel of 12
candidates submitted to him by the state government.
Modi said that the state government has a right to be
kept in the loop on the appointment of the VCs and Pro-VCs as
it spends about Rs 1,100 crore annually on the higher
education institutions, including the universities.
The Deputy Chief Minister said the state government has
no intention to challenge the Governor`s order on the
appointment of the VCs and Pro-VCs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery