Bihar govt preparing road map for development of art, culture
Patna: The Bihar government is preparing a roadmap for development of art and culture in the state, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Saturday.
The responsibility of preparing road map has been given to noted scholar and India`s former Ambassador to Bhutan Pawan Verma, he said.
Verma is Cultural Advisor to the Chief Minister. The CM said the road map would help give shape to talents in the field of art and culture.
Competition would be organised at district level and the winners would be given opportunity in cultural festivals organised by the state government within the country and outside, he said.
Kumar was speaking after giving reward to artistes excelling in different fields. The state government is giving top priority to excavation of many historical sites still not known to the world till now.
The awardees included Birju Maharaj, Ragini Sinha and Bhojpuri folk singer Nitu Kumari Nutan. Nutan had recently won hearts of audience in Mauritius and Muscat where Bihar government had sent its artistes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption
- Clinton says emails, foundation ties not a threat to her White House bid
- From Olympic glory to jail: Oscar Pistorius' bid to challenge six-year jail term fails
- Piers Morgan TWEETS AGAIN: UK journalist takes credit for PM Modi setting up task force for next three Olympics
- MS Dhoni says it will be an interesting series against `extraordinary` West Indies