Bihar govt preparing road map for development of art, culture
Patna: The Bihar government is preparing a roadmap for development of art and culture in the state, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Saturday.
The responsibility of preparing road map has been given to noted scholar and India`s former Ambassador to Bhutan Pawan Verma, he said.
Verma is Cultural Advisor to the Chief Minister. The CM said the road map would help give shape to talents in the field of art and culture.
Competition would be organised at district level and the winners would be given opportunity in cultural festivals organised by the state government within the country and outside, he said.
Kumar was speaking after giving reward to artistes excelling in different fields. The state government is giving top priority to excavation of many historical sites still not known to the world till now.
The awardees included Birju Maharaj, Ragini Sinha and Bhojpuri folk singer Nitu Kumari Nutan. Nutan had recently won hearts of audience in Mauritius and Muscat where Bihar government had sent its artistes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video