Bihar govt preparing road map for development of art, culture
Patna: The Bihar government is preparing a roadmap for development of art and culture in the state, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Saturday.
The responsibility of preparing road map has been given to noted scholar and India`s former Ambassador to Bhutan Pawan Verma, he said.
Verma is Cultural Advisor to the Chief Minister. The CM said the road map would help give shape to talents in the field of art and culture.
Competition would be organised at district level and the winners would be given opportunity in cultural festivals organised by the state government within the country and outside, he said.
Kumar was speaking after giving reward to artistes excelling in different fields. The state government is giving top priority to excavation of many historical sites still not known to the world till now.
The awardees included Birju Maharaj, Ragini Sinha and Bhojpuri folk singer Nitu Kumari Nutan. Nutan had recently won hearts of audience in Mauritius and Muscat where Bihar government had sent its artistes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur