Bihar govt recommends CBI probe into missing girl case
Patna: Accepting the family demand, Bihar government on Wednesday recommended a CBI inquiry into the kidnapping of a young girl Navruna from Muzzafarpur a year ago.
Through a notification, the Home department of Bihar government today, sent a request to the CBI to take over the Navruna case for probe.
The 12-year-old girl Navruna, a class-VII student of St Xavier`s Public School in Muzaffarpur had gone missing from her house located in Ghirnipokhar locality under Town police station area on September 18 last year.
The state government had ordered a CID probe in the matter, but no headway in the probe could be made as Navruna`s parents refused to cooperate with investigation and provide blood sample for DNA test so as to match the same with corpse of a girl which was said to be of the same age as that of the missing girl.
With a hope to see her daughter again, who disappeared mysteriously from the house, Navruna`s mother had met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on September 2 last and demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
The CM assured all help to Navruna`s mother after hearing about her missing daughter.
Navruna`s family has also petitioned the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) and the Union Home Ministry demanding a CBI probe into the missing case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step