Bihar govt recommends CBI probe into missing girl case
Patna: Accepting the family demand, Bihar government on Wednesday recommended a CBI inquiry into the kidnapping of a young girl Navruna from Muzzafarpur a year ago.
Through a notification, the Home department of Bihar government today, sent a request to the CBI to take over the Navruna case for probe.
The 12-year-old girl Navruna, a class-VII student of St Xavier`s Public School in Muzaffarpur had gone missing from her house located in Ghirnipokhar locality under Town police station area on September 18 last year.
The state government had ordered a CID probe in the matter, but no headway in the probe could be made as Navruna`s parents refused to cooperate with investigation and provide blood sample for DNA test so as to match the same with corpse of a girl which was said to be of the same age as that of the missing girl.
With a hope to see her daughter again, who disappeared mysteriously from the house, Navruna`s mother had met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on September 2 last and demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
The CM assured all help to Navruna`s mother after hearing about her missing daughter.
Navruna`s family has also petitioned the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) and the Union Home Ministry demanding a CBI probe into the missing case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO