Bihar govt refuses to divulge names of tainted cops
Patna: Bihar government on Monday refused to make public names of 15 `tainted` Bihar cadre IPS officers who were under investigation for various charges against them.
Replying to a supplymentary question by the Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique during zere hour in assembly, Water Resources Department Minister Vijay Kumar Chaudhary said it would not be appropriate to make public the names of the tainted IPS officers who were being investigated for various charges.
There was no need to reveal names of the tainted IPS officers during investigation against them as it might damage their reputation, he said.
The leader of opposition might get the names of the IPS officers under RTI, the minister said.
Reply to a short notice question by BJP MLA Achyutanand, Chaudhary said that 25 Bihar cadre IPS officers who were investigated for various charges against them out of which four were exonerated of all charges, while one was penalized.
The investigation against five IPS officers have been completed and forwarded to the Centre and the UPSC for taking action, while investigation was underway against 15 others, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa