Bihar govt sanctions Rs 2552.8 crore for road construction
Patna: Bihar government on Friday sanctioned Rs 2552.86 crore for construction of a 552.3 km two-lane road project in Bihar on the Indo-Nepal border that will run parallel to the East-West Corridor, an official said.
The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting presided over by the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Principal Secretary (Cabinet Coordination and Secretariat) Ravikant said.
The sanctioned amount will be spent on construction of culverts and bridges, land acquisition, utility shifting and environment clearance for the road project, he said.
The remainder of the road project cost of Rs 3557 crore will be released in due course of time, Ravikant said.
While the state government will bear 53.3 percent of the cost of the road project, the remaining 46.7 per cent cost will be borne by the central government.
The ambitious road project, spread over East Champaran, West Champaran, Sitamarhi, Madhubani, Supaul, Araria and Kishangaj district will be completed by 2015-16, he said.
Secretary (Road) Pratyaya Amrit said that the road project being undertaken with full budgetary support of the Centre and the state government will boost security in Bihar districts along the Indo-Nepal border by improving road connectivity upto various checkposts.
The tender for the road project related work have been floated and the actual work will begin sometime around November this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH