Bihar govt terrorising Muslim community: LJP
New Delhi: The Lok Janashakti Party on Wednesday
alleged that the NDA government in Bihar is "terrorising" the
Muslim community on a planned and systematic basis and
"vitiating" the communal harmony of the state.
In a memorandum sent to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,
the Ram Vilas Paswan-led party claimed that many instances of
harassment, torture and killing of Muslims have been reported
recently in the state.
Citing an incident in Farbisganj, located in sensitive
Simanchal region close to Bangladesh, the party said,"Communal
forces, of late, are getting very active in the area."
"The administration is being increasingly communalised by
the NDA government," it said, claiming that the provocative
speech of VHP leader Prabeenn Togadia, who recently visited
Muzaffarpur, has further "vitiated the communal harmony" in
"We fear that the NDA government in Bihar is moving in a
dangerous direction to replicate Gujarat. Attempt is made to
divide the sate on communal lines," it alleged.
In the memorandum, LJP also highlighted the June 3 police
firing incident of Bhajanpur village in which four villagers,
including a 10-month-old and a pregnant woman, were killed.
The party urged the Prime Minister to order an inquiry
into the incident by a sitting judge of the High Court or by
CBI. It also called for initiating criminal cases against the
officials present there at the time of the incident and
demanded a compensation of Rs 20 lakh each for the dead and Rs
5 lakh for those injured in the incident.
About 10 persons were injured in the incident which drew
flaks from various quarters after TV footages showed policemen
crushing an injured lying on the ground with their shoes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre