Bihar govt to make statement on chopping incident
Patna: Bihar government will make a statement during the ongoing budget session on the alleged chopping of hands of a daily wage earner by some persons in Arwal district recently for his inability to return a debt of Rs 300, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said on Monday.
Replying to a question by RJD MLA Dinesh Kumar Singh in the State Assembly during zero hour, Modi said that government would make a statement on the issue during the ongoing budget session after receiving an inquiry report by police.
Responding to a supplementary question by the Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui regretting the different angles floated by police about the shocking incident in which Ramsagar Chandravashi`s (20) hands were chopped off by some people, Modi said Bihar government had taken the matter seriously and ordered a probe.
Water Resources Department Minister, Vijay Kumar Chaudhary said police was probing the incident with an open mind and taking into account all aspects of the incident.
Chandravanshi, a daily wager hailing from a village under Kinjar police station area in Arwal district, had lodged a complaint with police charging six persons with chopping off both his hands after he had failed to return a debt of Rs 300 to them.
Magadh Range DIG, N H Khan had asked Arwal`s Assistant Superintendent of Police Naveen Jha to probe the incident and record the statement of Chandravanshi, who is now undergoing treatment at the Patna Medical College Hospital in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes