Bihar govt to make statement on chopping incident
Patna: Bihar government will make a statement during the ongoing budget session on the alleged chopping of hands of a daily wage earner by some persons in Arwal district recently for his inability to return a debt of Rs 300, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said on Monday.
Replying to a question by RJD MLA Dinesh Kumar Singh in the State Assembly during zero hour, Modi said that government would make a statement on the issue during the ongoing budget session after receiving an inquiry report by police.
Responding to a supplementary question by the Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui regretting the different angles floated by police about the shocking incident in which Ramsagar Chandravashi`s (20) hands were chopped off by some people, Modi said Bihar government had taken the matter seriously and ordered a probe.
Water Resources Department Minister, Vijay Kumar Chaudhary said police was probing the incident with an open mind and taking into account all aspects of the incident.
Chandravanshi, a daily wager hailing from a village under Kinjar police station area in Arwal district, had lodged a complaint with police charging six persons with chopping off both his hands after he had failed to return a debt of Rs 300 to them.
Magadh Range DIG, N H Khan had asked Arwal`s Assistant Superintendent of Police Naveen Jha to probe the incident and record the statement of Chandravanshi, who is now undergoing treatment at the Patna Medical College Hospital in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what