Bihar govt to provide funds for toilets in Kosi belt
Patna: Bihar government will provide funds for toilets in dwelling units being constructed under Kosi Rehabilitation and Reconstruction project in Kosi belt which was devastated by unprecedented floods of 1998, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said.
Kumar gave a directive to the officials in this regard while reviewing the progress of works under Kosi Rehabilitation and Reconstruction project being implemented at Saharsa, Supaul and Madhepura districts devastated by floods after Kosi river breached its embankment at Kusaha in Nepal.
``We have sought assistance from the Centre for the project but it refused ... Now we are implementing the project with loan from the World Bank,`` he said adding he was trying to implement his promise to the victims.
Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, Water Resource Minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary, Energy Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav and Planning Development Minister Narendra Narayan Yadav, besides several state officials were present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Zardari urges US to support sale of F-16 jets to Pakistan
- Gulbarga ragging case: 3 arrested, 2 sent to 14-day judicial custody
- After Sachin Tendulkar, now 'Bharat Ratna' demand for Virat Kohli
- So sweet! Genelia Deshmukh gushes over hubby Riteish Deshmukh's handsome get-up – View pic
- IIFA mania: 'Green and Gold' Sonakshi Sinha will make you fall in love with her all over again!