Bihar govt to provide funds for toilets in Kosi belt
Patna: Bihar government will provide funds for toilets in dwelling units being constructed under Kosi Rehabilitation and Reconstruction project in Kosi belt which was devastated by unprecedented floods of 1998, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said.
Kumar gave a directive to the officials in this regard while reviewing the progress of works under Kosi Rehabilitation and Reconstruction project being implemented at Saharsa, Supaul and Madhepura districts devastated by floods after Kosi river breached its embankment at Kusaha in Nepal.
``We have sought assistance from the Centre for the project but it refused ... Now we are implementing the project with loan from the World Bank,`` he said adding he was trying to implement his promise to the victims.
Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, Water Resource Minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary, Energy Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav and Planning Development Minister Narendra Narayan Yadav, besides several state officials were present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing