Bihar govt to provide two buildings to AMU
Patna: Bihar government has proposed to provide two buildings to Aligarh Muslim University to begin classes at its study centre in Kishanganj.
"We are concerned at the inordinate delay in commencement of academic activities at the AMU study centre in Kishanganj apparently due to lack of infrastructure. The state government has accordingly proposed to hand over two buildings to the AMU authorities to start classes for students from the next session itself," state Minority Welfare Minister Shahid Ali Khan told reporters here today.
The government has identified two buildings - a three-storied hostel for minorities` boys and two-storied hostel for minorities` girls for handing over to AMU, he said.
AMU Vice-chancellor Lt General (retd) Zameeruddin Shah, who inspected the two buildings during his recent visit to Kishanganj, will be requested to take its possession to set up temporary office and class rooms for commencement of academic activities, he said.
The state government had last year provided 224.02 acres to AMU for setting up the study centre but `regrettably` no construction work has begun even though the district magistrate has carried out works for security and beautification there at the cost of Rs 61.80 lakh, Khan said.
Shah, who visited Kishanganj earlier this week with a delegation to inspect facilities for the AMU study centre, yesterday said AMU will start classes in subjects like law and management from the next academic session later this year from its temporary accommodations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers