Bihar govt to provide two buildings to AMU
Patna: Bihar government has proposed to provide two buildings to Aligarh Muslim University to begin classes at its study centre in Kishanganj.
"We are concerned at the inordinate delay in commencement of academic activities at the AMU study centre in Kishanganj apparently due to lack of infrastructure. The state government has accordingly proposed to hand over two buildings to the AMU authorities to start classes for students from the next session itself," state Minority Welfare Minister Shahid Ali Khan told reporters here today.
The government has identified two buildings - a three-storied hostel for minorities` boys and two-storied hostel for minorities` girls for handing over to AMU, he said.
AMU Vice-chancellor Lt General (retd) Zameeruddin Shah, who inspected the two buildings during his recent visit to Kishanganj, will be requested to take its possession to set up temporary office and class rooms for commencement of academic activities, he said.
The state government had last year provided 224.02 acres to AMU for setting up the study centre but `regrettably` no construction work has begun even though the district magistrate has carried out works for security and beautification there at the cost of Rs 61.80 lakh, Khan said.
Shah, who visited Kishanganj earlier this week with a delegation to inspect facilities for the AMU study centre, yesterday said AMU will start classes in subjects like law and management from the next academic session later this year from its temporary accommodations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'