Bihar govt to reward people fighting corruption
Patna: As the Union government and Team
Anna slug it out over the Lokpal issue, Bihar has taken a cue
from Maharashtra in rewarding people who help unearth
corruption in the state.
"The government has decided to reward upto Rs 50,000 to
those who will help trap public servants while taking bribe or
highlight authentic cases of embezzlement of funds," Deputy
Chief Minister S K Modi told reporters here on Tuesday.
"We have also made provisions for rewarding public
prosecutors and investigation officers for successful handling
of cases related to confiscation of property of corrupt
people," he said.
"The state government has resolved to confiscate the
property of corrupt public servants to open much needed
schools," he said.
The Bihar government`s move came even as the RJD urged
Anna Hazare to send a team to the state to assess the
"deep rooted" corruption.
Hazare should send a team to Bihar to assess prevailing
corruption at all levels of government, state RJD chief
Ramchandra Purve told reporters while regretting that Hazare
gave a certificate of good governance to Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar "without knowing the facts".
Purve said he would soon write to the Gandhian to
rush a team headed by either him or Arvind Kejriwal to visit
the villages and find out corruption in development and
The Maharashtra government recently decided to reward
those who provide information about corrupt government
The state Home Department in a reply to an RTI query
said informers who gave specific information about employees
who have amassed wealth beyond their known sources of income
will be rewarded. They will be provided protection and their
names will be kept secret, it said.
The informers would be paid Rs 10,000 by way of reward
for information on corruption involving amounts up to Rs 25
lakh while they would be paid Rs 25,000 for amounts between Rs
25 lakh and Rs 50 lakh.
As per the slabs worked out by the department, Rs
50,000 would be paid for detecting corruption of between Rs 50
lakh and Rs 1 crore, Rs 1 lakh for corruption of between Rs 1
crore and Rs 5 crore and Rs 2 lakh for corruption above Rs 5
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning