Bihar govt to take stern steps to control onion prices
Patna: Bihar government will take stern
steps against those involved in hoarding and blackmarketing of
onions, its Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi said on Tuesday.
``The state government will not not allow hoarding and
blackmarketing of onions ... We will punish those found to be
involved in the illegal act,`` Modi told reporters on the
sidelines of his `Janata Darbar` programme.
The state government, however, has no role in fixation
of the prices of onions.
``The fixation of onion prices is done by the Centre ...
But to check spiralling prices, the state government can act
sternly against hoarders and blackmarketers,`` he said.
The price of onion in Bihar have skyrocketed over the
past one month and the bulb hit the price band of Rs 56 per kg
in Patna today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened