Bihar govt`s actionplan for women, children
Patna: In its second term, the Nitish Kumar government in Bihar has decided to evolve an action plan for integrated development of women, girls and children, besides reconsituting the `anganbadi` centres.
"We have decided to chalk out an action plan for integrated development of women, girls and children," a senior official of the state social welfare department said.
Steps have also been undertaken to constitute the Extremely Backward Caste Financial and Development Corporation and SC/ST Financial and Development Corporation, forming self-help groups across the state at village level and reconstitute the `anganbadi` centres.
The measures were okayed at a meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar during which issues related to Social Security Pension Plan, `Nari Shakti Yojana`, `Mukhaya Mantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana`, de-addiction and rehabilitation programme, grants in case of deaths too came up for talks.
Social Welfare Minister Parveen Amanulla, Chief Secretary Anup Mukherjee, Principal Secretary of Social Welfare department B K Verma, Principal Secretaries to the Chief Minister, Chanchal Kumar and S Siddharth and Managing Director of Bihar State Women Development Corporation N Vijaylakshmi attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday