Bihar govt`s actionplan for women, children
Patna: In its second term, the Nitish Kumar government in Bihar has decided to evolve an action plan for integrated development of women, girls and children, besides reconsituting the `anganbadi` centres.
"We have decided to chalk out an action plan for integrated development of women, girls and children," a senior official of the state social welfare department said.
Steps have also been undertaken to constitute the Extremely Backward Caste Financial and Development Corporation and SC/ST Financial and Development Corporation, forming self-help groups across the state at village level and reconstitute the `anganbadi` centres.
The measures were okayed at a meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar during which issues related to Social Security Pension Plan, `Nari Shakti Yojana`, `Mukhaya Mantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana`, de-addiction and rehabilitation programme, grants in case of deaths too came up for talks.
Social Welfare Minister Parveen Amanulla, Chief Secretary Anup Mukherjee, Principal Secretary of Social Welfare department B K Verma, Principal Secretaries to the Chief Minister, Chanchal Kumar and S Siddharth and Managing Director of Bihar State Women Development Corporation N Vijaylakshmi attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family