Bihar govt`s festive bonanza to pensioners
Patna: In a festive bonanza, Bihar`s NDA government has decided to increase the rate of pension from 35% to 50% for over 3.5 lakh retired employees of the state.
The decision was taken in a meeting of state government officials presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar last evening, official sources said Thursday.
Taking a clue from the 6th Pay Commission recommendations, the decision would put an additional annual burden of Rs 1000 crore on the state exchequer, sources said.
Though the pension has been revised from January 1, 2006, the actual benefit would accrue from April 1, 2007, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi