Bihar govt`s festive bonanza to pensioners
Patna: In a festive bonanza, Bihar`s NDA government has decided to increase the rate of pension from 35% to 50% for over 3.5 lakh retired employees of the state.
The decision was taken in a meeting of state government officials presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar last evening, official sources said Thursday.
Taking a clue from the 6th Pay Commission recommendations, the decision would put an additional annual burden of Rs 1000 crore on the state exchequer, sources said.
Though the pension has been revised from January 1, 2006, the actual benefit would accrue from April 1, 2007, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged