Bihar govt`s festive bonanza to pensioners
Patna: In a festive bonanza, Bihar`s NDA government has decided to increase the rate of pension from 35% to 50% for over 3.5 lakh retired employees of the state.
The decision was taken in a meeting of state government officials presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar last evening, official sources said Thursday.
Taking a clue from the 6th Pay Commission recommendations, the decision would put an additional annual burden of Rs 1000 crore on the state exchequer, sources said.
Though the pension has been revised from January 1, 2006, the actual benefit would accrue from April 1, 2007, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged