Bihar govt`s festive bonanza to pensioners
Patna: In a festive bonanza, Bihar`s NDA government has decided to increase the rate of pension from 35% to 50% for over 3.5 lakh retired employees of the state.
The decision was taken in a meeting of state government officials presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar last evening, official sources said Thursday.
Taking a clue from the 6th Pay Commission recommendations, the decision would put an additional annual burden of Rs 1000 crore on the state exchequer, sources said.
Though the pension has been revised from January 1, 2006, the actual benefit would accrue from April 1, 2007, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...