Bihar: Hardcore Maoist among two persons held
Gaya: The Special Task Force (STF) has arrested two persons, including a CPI (Maoist) central zone committee member, in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip off, the STF raided Nagaryawan village yesterday and nabbed the Maoists` central zone committee member Shashi Shekhar Singh and Vinay Das for sheltering the ultra in his house, Senior Superintendent of Police Vinay Kumar said.
Singh, a native of Malhat village under Goh police station area in Aurangabad, was carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his head, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India