Bihar: Hardcore Maoist among two persons held
Gaya: The Special Task Force (STF) has arrested two persons, including a CPI (Maoist) central zone committee member, in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip off, the STF raided Nagaryawan village yesterday and nabbed the Maoists` central zone committee member Shashi Shekhar Singh and Vinay Das for sheltering the ultra in his house, Senior Superintendent of Police Vinay Kumar said.
Singh, a native of Malhat village under Goh police station area in Aurangabad, was carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his head, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'