Bihar Health Minister grilled ANM
Patna: Bihar Health minister Ashwini Kumar
Choubey was on Friday grilled by opposition after he told the
the state assembly that his department was yet to receive a
letter from Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s office relating to
grant of recognition to Auxiliary Nursing Midwife (ANM)
training colleges in Bihar.
Replying to a question, Choubey said the chief
minister`s office had sent a letter in May this year towards
grant of recognition to ANM colleges in Bihar, but his
department was yet to receive it.
This paved the way for the opposition MLAs grilling the
minister. It was a matter of great surprise that the letter
sent from the CM`s office in May had not been received by the
health department, leader of opposition in the state assembly
Abdul Bari Siddiqui quipped.
Choubey later said his department had sent a reminder to
CMO for sending the concerned letter on December 2, 2011.
The state government had in principle agreed to give
recognition to ANM colleges in Bihar for two sessions and the
Advocate General was being consulted on the issue, he
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living