Bihar Health Minister grilled ANM
Patna: Bihar Health minister Ashwini Kumar
Choubey was on Friday grilled by opposition after he told the
the state assembly that his department was yet to receive a
letter from Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s office relating to
grant of recognition to Auxiliary Nursing Midwife (ANM)
training colleges in Bihar.
Replying to a question, Choubey said the chief
minister`s office had sent a letter in May this year towards
grant of recognition to ANM colleges in Bihar, but his
department was yet to receive it.
This paved the way for the opposition MLAs grilling the
minister. It was a matter of great surprise that the letter
sent from the CM`s office in May had not been received by the
health department, leader of opposition in the state assembly
Abdul Bari Siddiqui quipped.
Choubey later said his department had sent a reminder to
CMO for sending the concerned letter on December 2, 2011.
The state government had in principle agreed to give
recognition to ANM colleges in Bihar for two sessions and the
Advocate General was being consulted on the issue, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000