Bihar Health Minister grilled ANM
Patna: Bihar Health minister Ashwini Kumar
Choubey was on Friday grilled by opposition after he told the
the state assembly that his department was yet to receive a
letter from Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s office relating to
grant of recognition to Auxiliary Nursing Midwife (ANM)
training colleges in Bihar.
Replying to a question, Choubey said the chief
minister`s office had sent a letter in May this year towards
grant of recognition to ANM colleges in Bihar, but his
department was yet to receive it.
This paved the way for the opposition MLAs grilling the
minister. It was a matter of great surprise that the letter
sent from the CM`s office in May had not been received by the
health department, leader of opposition in the state assembly
Abdul Bari Siddiqui quipped.
Choubey later said his department had sent a reminder to
CMO for sending the concerned letter on December 2, 2011.
The state government had in principle agreed to give
recognition to ANM colleges in Bihar for two sessions and the
Advocate General was being consulted on the issue, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family