Bihar: Homeguard jawan killed in accidental bullet hit
Samastipur: A homeguard jawan was killed on duty when a bullet was fired accidently from rifle of an another jawan while he was cleaning it at transport office this morning, police said.
The slain jawan has been identified as Saroj Kumar Ishwar, resident of Bhumrupur village under muffasil police station, superintendent of police Chandrika Prasad said.
The incident occured when a jawan Surender Jha was cleaning his riffle and trigger was hit accidently that hit Saroj Kumar`s neck, the SP said.
The victim was immediately rushed to the sadar hospital where doctors declared him dead, the SP said.
Police has arrested the police jawan Surender Jha, Prasad added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO