Bihar: Homeguard jawan killed in accidental bullet hit
Samastipur: A homeguard jawan was killed on duty when a bullet was fired accidently from rifle of an another jawan while he was cleaning it at transport office this morning, police said.
The slain jawan has been identified as Saroj Kumar Ishwar, resident of Bhumrupur village under muffasil police station, superintendent of police Chandrika Prasad said.
The incident occured when a jawan Surender Jha was cleaning his riffle and trigger was hit accidently that hit Saroj Kumar`s neck, the SP said.
The victim was immediately rushed to the sadar hospital where doctors declared him dead, the SP said.
Police has arrested the police jawan Surender Jha, Prasad added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’