Bihar: Homeguard jawan killed in accidental bullet hit
Samastipur: A homeguard jawan was killed on duty when a bullet was fired accidently from rifle of an another jawan while he was cleaning it at transport office this morning, police said.
The slain jawan has been identified as Saroj Kumar Ishwar, resident of Bhumrupur village under muffasil police station, superintendent of police Chandrika Prasad said.
The incident occured when a jawan Surender Jha was cleaning his riffle and trigger was hit accidently that hit Saroj Kumar`s neck, the SP said.
The victim was immediately rushed to the sadar hospital where doctors declared him dead, the SP said.
Police has arrested the police jawan Surender Jha, Prasad added.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?