Bihar hooch tragedy: Rs 50 cr property papers found from suspect
Gaya: Police on Thursday seized papers of properties worth Rs 50 crore from Mantu Yadav, brother of RJD MLA Surendra Yadav, falling outside Bihar, but failed to net Mantu Yadav suspected to be behind the hooch death in Gaya that claimed 12 lives.
Armed with search warrant issued by court of Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM), Gaya, police raided the Bindi market complex of Mantu Yadav which also includes his residence and seized papers of properties worth Rs 50 crore, Superintendent of Police Akhtar Hussain said.
The SP said the properties included house in Delhi, Goa and Uttrakhand. A gun and several rounds of ammunition were also recovered from his house.
The market and the house have been sealed.
Cases were lodged against Mantu Yadav and others for selling spurious liquor.
During search at Yadav`s godowns a large quantity of illicit liquor was seized that apparently matched with the pouches containing spurious liquor recovered from the households of the victims.
Yadav`s brother Surendra Yadav, represents Belganj assembly seat in Gaya district from RJD.
The hooch tragedy in Gaya district was the second incident in the state in the past one week after 20 persons died due to consumption of illicit liquor in adjoining Bhojpur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur