Bihar house session likely to be stormy
Patna: A week-long monsoon session of the
Bihar assembly, beginning from tomorrow, is likely to be
stormy with main opposition RJD-LJP combine and the Congress
planning to corner Nitish Kumar government on several issues,
including the Forbesganj Police firing.
Talking to PTI, leader of the opposition in the state
assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui said he would hold a meeting with
the leaders of opposition, including LJP, Congress for working
out a strategy to grill the government.
Alleging that the state goverment was a total failure on
all fronts, Siddiqui said the opposition would press for a
special debate on June 2 Forbesganj police firing, recent
death of more than 50 children in mysterious disease in
Muzaffarpur, `hoarding and blackmarketing of fertilisers and
foodgrains`, besides the `spiralling` crime graph.
On the session having technically four sittings,
Congress MLA Sadanand Singh said "we find no reason behind
such a short duration. We call it a deliberate attempt by the
Nitish government to avoid discussions on burning issues in
Bihar which also include poor power scenario and deteriorating
law and order."
Siddiqui said the short duration of the monsoon
session also violated the recommendations of presiding
officers during a recent conference that the state assembly
should debate for at least 90 days in a year.
Reacting to it, Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi said the
state government was fully prepared to tackle the opposition`s
"The session can be extended if the opposition brings
resolutions in conformity with the settled legislative
procedure," he said, adding "we are ready to counter the
Congress leaders said the party MLAs would raise the
issue of holding a CBI inquiry into the Forbesganj firing that
killed four persons in Bihar`s Araria district last month.
"Opposition parties are free to raise the issues. But,
what they end up doing is creating unruly scenes," state
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!