Bihar IAS officers seek revocation of Durga suspension
Patna: IAS officers of Bihar on Thursday expressed solidarity with suspended officer Durga Shakti Nagpal and urged the Uttar Pradesh government to "forthwith revoke her suspension".
The Bihar IAS Association at a meeting here late this evening demanded the UP government "not to resort to suspension of officers on insufficient grounds in future".
It expressed support for resolution and efforts of the UP IAS Association and the Central Indian Civil and Administrative Association, according to an Association statement here.
They also urged the Union government to put in adequate safeguards to ensure that officers are not victimised.
At the meeting, the officers observed that suspension of Nagpal, an IAS officer of 2010 batch of UP cadre, highlights several important issues that are central to the governance of the country.
"Arbitrary use of disciplinary powers is detrimental to the morale and commitment of civil servants. The suspension of Durga Shakti Nagpal was hasty and avoidable," they observed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace