Bihar IAS officers seek revocation of Durga suspension
Patna: IAS officers of Bihar on Thursday expressed solidarity with suspended officer Durga Shakti Nagpal and urged the Uttar Pradesh government to "forthwith revoke her suspension".
The Bihar IAS Association at a meeting here late this evening demanded the UP government "not to resort to suspension of officers on insufficient grounds in future".
It expressed support for resolution and efforts of the UP IAS Association and the Central Indian Civil and Administrative Association, according to an Association statement here.
They also urged the Union government to put in adequate safeguards to ensure that officers are not victimised.
At the meeting, the officers observed that suspension of Nagpal, an IAS officer of 2010 batch of UP cadre, highlights several important issues that are central to the governance of the country.
"Arbitrary use of disciplinary powers is detrimental to the morale and commitment of civil servants. The suspension of Durga Shakti Nagpal was hasty and avoidable," they observed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!