Bihar IAS officers seek revocation of Durga suspension
Patna: IAS officers of Bihar on Thursday expressed solidarity with suspended officer Durga Shakti Nagpal and urged the Uttar Pradesh government to "forthwith revoke her suspension".
The Bihar IAS Association at a meeting here late this evening demanded the UP government "not to resort to suspension of officers on insufficient grounds in future".
It expressed support for resolution and efforts of the UP IAS Association and the Central Indian Civil and Administrative Association, according to an Association statement here.
They also urged the Union government to put in adequate safeguards to ensure that officers are not victimised.
At the meeting, the officers observed that suspension of Nagpal, an IAS officer of 2010 batch of UP cadre, highlights several important issues that are central to the governance of the country.
"Arbitrary use of disciplinary powers is detrimental to the morale and commitment of civil servants. The suspension of Durga Shakti Nagpal was hasty and avoidable," they observed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read