Bihar: Idols of deities stolen from temple
Begusarai (Bihar): Unidentified thieves
stole four idols of Hindu deities from a temple in Navla
village in Bihar`s Begusarai district, police said on Sunday.
The thieves, said to be four in number, barged into
the temple premises of late Chandramauli Singh and took out
weapons to intimidate the priest Jang Bahadur Singh last night
before taking away the idols of Lord Rama, Goddess Sita, Lord
Laxman and Lord Hanuman - all made of precious `astadhatu`
stones, police said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Rashid Jama and
Bhagwanpur police station in-charge Mahfooz Ali Khan rushed to
the spot to investigate the theft case and also questioned the
priest in this connection, they said.
The stolen idols were several decades old and worth
Rs 10 lakhs in the market, according to the priest.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference