Bihar: Idols of deities stolen from temple
Begusarai (Bihar): Unidentified thieves
stole four idols of Hindu deities from a temple in Navla
village in Bihar`s Begusarai district, police said on Sunday.
The thieves, said to be four in number, barged into
the temple premises of late Chandramauli Singh and took out
weapons to intimidate the priest Jang Bahadur Singh last night
before taking away the idols of Lord Rama, Goddess Sita, Lord
Laxman and Lord Hanuman - all made of precious `astadhatu`
stones, police said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Rashid Jama and
Bhagwanpur police station in-charge Mahfooz Ali Khan rushed to
the spot to investigate the theft case and also questioned the
priest in this connection, they said.
The stolen idols were several decades old and worth
Rs 10 lakhs in the market, according to the priest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray