Bihar JD-U is run like a private company: Rebel MP
Patna: Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) lacks internal democracy, rebel party leader Rajeev Ranjan Singh alias Lalan Singh said with barely three weeks to go for the first phase of the state Assembly polls.
Lalan Singh, the JD-U MP from Munger, said that the party had become a private limited company run by its "chairman" Sharad Yadav, who is the party president, and "managing director" Nitish Kumar, the chief minister.
"There is no democracy in the party. Every decision is taken in an autocratic style," he alleged.
Lalan Singh, a former state party president, was two days ago advised by JD-U national president Sharad Yadav to quit his Lok Sabha membership before campaigning for the Congress, but he refused to resign.
Singh said Sharad Yadav should not give lessons in morality. "How can he talk of morality when he has not constituted the party`s parliamentary board despite being party president for four years?" he said.
Lalan Singh made it clear that he will not join the Congress but would campaign for that party to oust the Nitish Kumar-led government that has "divided Bihar society".
Singh, who belongs to the powerful landed upper caste of Bhumihar, has been trying to dent Nitish Kumar`s image by exposing his negative points after he resigned as the state party president early this year.
The Bhumihars were known to have supported Nitish Kumar in the last elections in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’