Bihar: JD(U) assails Team Anna
Patna: A day after Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar hit back at Team Anna for its rap on the proposed Bihar
Lokayukta Bill, his party JD(U) slammed it saying there was no
place for language used by it in a democracy.
``The language used by Team Anna like - `There is only
one truth and that is of ours` - and the sentiment reflects
arrogance,`` JD(U) spokesperson Shivanand Tiwari said in a
``There is no place for use of such language in a
democracy,`` Tiwari said.
``Team Anna is shining because of Anna Hazare, but it
is living in a fool`s paradise if the members think that they
have the credibility to shine,`` he said and referred to the
air ticket controversy surrounding Kiran Bedi.
Bedi`s role in the controversy was an ``immoral and
illegal act` and required no explanation, Tiwari said.
He said the Lokayukta draft of the state had been
prepared with extra care and there was no hurry in enacting
the legislation on it as there is no pressure of assembly
polls at present.
``It is not a final draft ... The government has invited
opinions from public for fine-tuning the draft. Why is Team
Anna desperate to give certificate on the issue?``
He said the Nitish Kumar government had taken a number
of initiatives which have become models for other states and
the Centre and its fight against corruption was
The government had enacted a legislation with provisions
to confiscate properties of corrupt public servants.
Stung by Team Anna`s rap on the proposed Bihar Lokayukta
Bill, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had yesterday said he did
not require anybody`s certificate in the fight against
Reacting to Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal`s view that
the Bill was a copy of the Centre`s Lokpal draft, Kumar had
asked him to guard against pre-judging its final outcome.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?