Bihar: JD(U) MLC surrenders in extortion case
Sasaram: JD(U) MLC Hulas Pandey
surrendered before a local court in Rohtas district on Thursday in
connection with a case of extortion and assault against him
and was subsequently granted bail today.
Pandey surrendered before the court of the first-class
judicial magistrate Balendra Shukla in a case registered with
the police by a contractor named Dayanidhi Singh in December
The case charged Pandey with assaulting him for not
paying the extortion demanded from him.
The judge granted bail to the JD(U) MLA on a personal
bond of Rs 5000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes