Bihar: JD(U) workers ransack own party office
Patna: About 200 JD(U) workers on Friday ransacked their own party office at Veer Chand Patel Road here to protest black marketing of fertilizers and LPG cylinders.
The protesters smashed flower pots and damaged furniture alleging that Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh and Food and Consumer Protection Minister Shyam Rajak had failed to control black marketing of fertilizers and LPG cylinders.
A JD(U) worker from Dhanarua block in Patna district Akhilesh Pandit alleged that cutomers were being made to pay Rs 5000 in sanctioning gas connections while urea was being black marketed.
Senior JD(U) leaders could not be reached.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars