Bihar: Lalu takes a dig at Nitish Kumar
Jamui: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Thursday took a dig at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, claiming there was an "alarming decline" in the quality of education in schools in Bihar and people in ruling circles were admitting it.
"In our times, students went to school with slates to learn during the classes... Now the students go to schools carrying plates to eat food during mid-day meal before returning back," Prasad, a former Bihar chief minister, told a public meeting during his `Parivartan Yatra` in Jamui district.
Prasad also criticised Prasad for the elaborate security arrangements during his `Adhikar yatra` and confiscation of black materials from the people during his public meetings. "I would not mind being shown black flags or if people attended his meeting carrying black goggles or umbrellas.”
He trashed the claims of development by NDA government and said development and prosperity was limited to advertisements in the media. Corruption and domineering attitude of the bureaucrats have been the main features of the NDA rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says