Bihar: Lalu takes a dig at Nitish Kumar
Jamui: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Thursday took a dig at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, claiming there was an "alarming decline" in the quality of education in schools in Bihar and people in ruling circles were admitting it.
"In our times, students went to school with slates to learn during the classes... Now the students go to schools carrying plates to eat food during mid-day meal before returning back," Prasad, a former Bihar chief minister, told a public meeting during his `Parivartan Yatra` in Jamui district.
Prasad also criticised Prasad for the elaborate security arrangements during his `Adhikar yatra` and confiscation of black materials from the people during his public meetings. "I would not mind being shown black flags or if people attended his meeting carrying black goggles or umbrellas.”
He trashed the claims of development by NDA government and said development and prosperity was limited to advertisements in the media. Corruption and domineering attitude of the bureaucrats have been the main features of the NDA rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Donald Trump's speech at Cleveland offered fear, anger but no solutions: Hillary Clinton
- Significance of celebrating Sankashti Chaturthi!
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Woman arrested for senior citizen's murder in east Delhi
- 'White House under George Bush was against denying visa to Narendra Modi'