Bihar: Lalu takes a dig at Nitish Kumar
Jamui: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Thursday took a dig at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, claiming there was an "alarming decline" in the quality of education in schools in Bihar and people in ruling circles were admitting it.
"In our times, students went to school with slates to learn during the classes... Now the students go to schools carrying plates to eat food during mid-day meal before returning back," Prasad, a former Bihar chief minister, told a public meeting during his `Parivartan Yatra` in Jamui district.
Prasad also criticised Prasad for the elaborate security arrangements during his `Adhikar yatra` and confiscation of black materials from the people during his public meetings. "I would not mind being shown black flags or if people attended his meeting carrying black goggles or umbrellas.”
He trashed the claims of development by NDA government and said development and prosperity was limited to advertisements in the media. Corruption and domineering attitude of the bureaucrats have been the main features of the NDA rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- West Indies vs India: 2nd T20I — As it happened...
- Shocking! China man jumps underneath moving truck in dramatic video – Watch what happens next
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report