Bihar: Lalu takes a dig at Nitish Kumar
Jamui: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Thursday took a dig at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, claiming there was an "alarming decline" in the quality of education in schools in Bihar and people in ruling circles were admitting it.
"In our times, students went to school with slates to learn during the classes... Now the students go to schools carrying plates to eat food during mid-day meal before returning back," Prasad, a former Bihar chief minister, told a public meeting during his `Parivartan Yatra` in Jamui district.
Prasad also criticised Prasad for the elaborate security arrangements during his `Adhikar yatra` and confiscation of black materials from the people during his public meetings. "I would not mind being shown black flags or if people attended his meeting carrying black goggles or umbrellas.”
He trashed the claims of development by NDA government and said development and prosperity was limited to advertisements in the media. Corruption and domineering attitude of the bureaucrats have been the main features of the NDA rule.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev