Bihar leader`s abducted son killed
Patna: The abducted son of a JD-U leader was killed in Bihar`s Nawada district and four people have been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Renu Kushwaha`s son Vipin Kumar, in his mid 20s, was abducted on April 13. The abductors demanded Rs 50 lakh as ransom for his release and they killed him after it was not paid.
This was revealed by four people, including a woman, who were arrested from Rajauli area in this connection, a district police official said.
"Abductors have murdered Vipin and buried him. The body was not recovered so far...," a police officer said.
Kushwaha is a member of Bihar state women commission. She joined JD-U two months ago after resigning from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days