Bihar leader`s abducted son killed
Patna: The abducted son of a JD-U leader was killed in Bihar`s Nawada district and four people have been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Renu Kushwaha`s son Vipin Kumar, in his mid 20s, was abducted on April 13. The abductors demanded Rs 50 lakh as ransom for his release and they killed him after it was not paid.
This was revealed by four people, including a woman, who were arrested from Rajauli area in this connection, a district police official said.
"Abductors have murdered Vipin and buried him. The body was not recovered so far...," a police officer said.
Kushwaha is a member of Bihar state women commission. She joined JD-U two months ago after resigning from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview